Monday, August 11, 2008

How he ate the cat puke

The cat puke story
By: Heidi
It's not as bad as you think, or maybe it's worse.

Well, it was one of those mornings, you know the kind of "roll out of bed on the wrong side, craving your coffee, step on a matchbox car and curse to no end," kind of morning. I sit down at the computer to read all the great posts I know my blogging buddies slaved over the day before when I see it. The Cat Puke. YUCK!!! Now I go into a sprint to get to it before my child decides it's a new toy to play with. (You think now it is the time he eats it, huh? Well, you are wrong.)

Like any good mom, I pick it up *gag, hold my breath, hold my arm out as far as possible with a whole roll of paper towels.* But there is that little bit more, just kinda sitting there in the carpet. I think, well, I will just vacuum that up in a minute, now back to my blogging. But that's not quite what happened. The little turd found the minuscule speck of cat vomit & decided it looked much like the cat food he normally eats, only not in the dish. How thoughtful for the cat to bring it to him.

So he proceeds to bring it to me and show me. That should have been my first clue, he only shows me things when he's about to do something wrong. I mistakenly thought it was just a bit of his teddy graham that he didn't want. I take it from him & throw it away, sit back at the computer & then.... I watch him go to the spot on the carpet. He bent down & picked another bit out of the carpet, that's when my very dim light bulb went off to what was just in my hand, and being that his body works a lot faster than mine, he proceeds to put it into his mouth before I get to him. *Gag, puke, OMG!"* I then did what every good self respecting mother would do, I blog it and THEN brush the kid's teeth!

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I so should have waited to read this! Pregnant, first thing in the morning, trying to drink my coffee with vanilla sweetener...hmmmmm.

I do love reading you "adventures" in parenthood.

Lisa said...

I once pulled a partially chewed roly-poly bug out of my son's mouth.

Jean said...

bleck! You sound so like me on the clean up part. At least you go most of it. :)

Jill said...

Everything turns into great blog fodder these days! Smart woman you are... write first and clean up later. :)

dani c said...

Hahaha ...gotta love it.....

Busymama Kellie said...

Oh no, I was just cringing while reading this! With visuals in my head all the way. Yuck! But that would happen in our house too. If we had cats.

bri said...

this just happened to me (well, my toddler) so I found your post on google. I'm seriously going to puke.