Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Why I will always be stinky




I can NEVER shower. When, when would I be able to wipe the snot, cheetos, and diaper poo off of my person when I have an 18 month old and a creative 5 year old? Someone please tell me when?

I leave the little angels playing ever so nicely in the baby's room while I try to hose off, only to find them making "diaper angels" (no lie, they did). The huge bulk size diaper box ripped open for their pleasure.

I can never leave them again. My choices: Shower around 3am... Go to the gym just to put them in the nursery and get dressed..... or simply sell them (check ebay or craig's list, not sure which one I might get more money from) but I am thinking this is my best option. Any suggestions from any of you freshly showered people?

9 comments:

Alicia said...

I prefer to leave them with a nice looking stranger. :)

The Mom said...

Love your blog topper!! Thanks for stopping by my place, keep in touch!

I'll join the stinky club with you...I never get a good one in.

M said...

I threaten to sell mine to the Gypsies all the time! Its more mysterious/scary than "I'm going to list you on Ebay if you do that one more time!!!"

Sus said...

You should join Crunchy Domestic Goddess's Shower Challenge to conserve water, like I did. That way, if you miss bathing for - oh, 3 days or so - you can feel good, even self-righteous! about it. You will smell, but you will be green.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I have not found the answer to that one yet. My 3 year old will be sitting on the couch watching cartoons and when I get out of the shower he has made it to his room and all of his wipes are everywhere! This happens all the time. I am not quite sure how he gets them down...after the first time I put them out of reach (or so I thought). It is either that or he is in the bathroom with me constantly asking questions...those nice relaxing showers (pre-kids) are a distant memory of mine.

JenLive! said...

I remember those days! Just think of how much you save on shampoo!

On a practical note; I found showering after they went to bed at night worked. (Or a long, hot bubble bath). Sometimes I would actually bring the little one into the shower with me if I was desperate during the day.

I love the sole soul post, but could not think of a clever comment.

Busymama Kellie said...

No need to shower. That's what baby wipes are for! Love your blog!

Angela said...

I guess I am lucky I have two girls ages 3 and 5 and they don't seam to be that adventurous. I do notice however when boys come around to play at our house it is a whole different story.

Summer in FL said...

Oh I completely understand! I have an 18 month old and a 2.5 year old. Good luck!