Monday, July 21, 2008

Summertime Blues

Dear Summer,
You are cool and all, and I still want to be friends, but I think we need some space. You are crowding me with your need for high temperatures and you humidity. I just can't take it anymore. It's not that I don't like you, I do love the dark tan you gave me this year, and the fun times we have had at the pool, but my hair is suffering from us being together so much. It's getting a little jealous and turning all crazy on me. How about you invite your friend Spring or Fall to come play next time. They are always cool and fun. Then we could have a really great day playing outside and I am sure my hair won't mind a bit. Thanks, you are the best.

Love,
Heidi

10 comments:

Chuck said...

hhahaha Hilarious perspective. I'm so with you! Course, I live in the desert. I'm wondering how bad you really got it. Ya wniner...hehe JK (I'm cracking myself up here) *smoochies*

Jean said...

Yeah Mr Sun, please don't shine down on me while I'm in my hot work clothes, pumping gas and feeling those beads of sweat filter down between the girls.
KThanxbye

Jill said...

Oh don't tell me that you're another one like me who gets frizzy hair during the summer? Humid much there?

It's much warmer here in DC than it was in California. I'm so digging the heat right now... :)

dani c said...

Too cute but the truth, at least with my hair...

GoteeMan said...

I am Sooooooooo ready for cooler days... 100 plus humidity is reminiscent of HELL...

so... how was the wine?

=)

J/

Mommy Daisy said...

Ha ha, me too.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

That is so true...there is something wrong with the morning temps being in the high 70s to low 80s...and it isn't even August yet.

American Mum said...

You poor thing. I feel your pain. My hair does the same. I hope summer starts being better to you!

Megan said...

i'm about "done" with heat and humindity too... i'm excited for fall more every day!

i loved looking at all those blueberries! you should make scones! oh, or pie! america's test kitchen has great recipes for both.

Megan

Melanie said...

Could you also let Mr. Summer know that I am through with him too. I'll take fall any day all year long.

http://livinwithme.com