Friday, June 6, 2008

So Much More

I originally started blogging just for very lighthearted reasons. To find humor in those everyday WTF situations that children bring seemed like a necessity, but I have discovered that there is so much more that is taking place on these sites. Over the short time that I have been reaching out to other bloggers I have found a few women that I can relate to and follow their sites religiously, and what I have found are not just quick witted remarks about diapers and temper tantrums, although those are there too. I found women with real emotions, hardships, and struggles that are willing to bare their souls, and I feel a sense of kinship to them. I realize now that this isn't just about the small daily stuff, but about the bigger picture of having a support group for whatever life puts you through. My sense of respect for you other mother's has risen from just a respect for you writing techniques and fancy blog templates, but for your strength and the journeys that you are on. Thank you for sharing those so bravely and openly. I am very much a novice in this relm of internet, and I have yet to earn a following myself, but I have already found comfort in those of you who have supported and laughed along with my whether it's a crazy boy that is driving me insane, or a daughter punching my flabby tummy. I appreciate the kind words of comfort and hope I can do the same. So I realize in my first blog of being "anonomous" is just out the window, you are quickly becoming people I care about and am proud to be in your company.

8 comments:

:: Suzanne :: said...

Hi,

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Happy geocaching!

Suzanne

Jill said...

That was a beautiful post! Happy Friday.

Jean said...

When I started blogging just last year, I had no idea the community that a blog would actually entail. I've really enjoyed stopping by your site.

Leah said...

I enjoy your lighthearted humor...and having 3 kids under the age of 4, I can relate to you in many ways! I too was overwhelmed by the support and friendship I found in the blogging community. Thanks for checking out my blog...I will continue keeping up with yours! Have a great weekend!

Kelli said...

I am still pretty green in this vast world of mommy bloggers. I pretty much discover something new everyday! Photo contests, give-aways, blogHer conferences, wordless Wednesdays, etc... I had no idea! Most of all, it's been relaly great to connect with other moms and "meet" new people so thanks for visiting my blog. Feel free to stop by anytime!

Jenny is Live & In Color said...

I think you are an asset to the blogging community.
It turned out to be different than I'd thought, too. I think we all have a desire to be known and accepted for who we are. Blogging is a way to find some of those friendships, without going through the awkwardness of face to face friendships that may or may not "click."

Michelle said...

I never realized how much I would get out of blogging either...you meet so many wonderful people and find such a supportive community!

Michelle said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I don't know how I'd get by w/o my blog - I'd need serious therapy!