Friday, May 16, 2008

When in doubt - eat it

So I get Crazy Man up from his nap. Goes something like this:
"Hi honey, are you awake, coochie coo. Did you have a good nap? Come hug Mommy. *Hugs, kisses* Then, what the hell did you eat! What is pink all over your mouth, in your mouth, on your shirt, in your bed? Are you going to die? Is it poison, what is it? Then I found a small piece of the mystery substance. I did the only thing a mother could do, I bit into it.

Mystery solved: Chalk, he snuck out of his sister's room right before nap. I know I put a lot of things into my body that I shouldn't have before I had kids, but mystery pink chalk was not one of them. Only a mother's love.

8 comments:

Chuck said...

Oh. My. Gosh. You are a riot! I'm so glad you stopped by, 'cause now i know you're here. I too will be coming on over again when giggles are necessary ;) (a/k/a Rhonda)

Have a grand weekend. *huggies*

danielle c said...

Ha Ha Ha , I love it...I'll be coming back for more..

Katie said...

Oh my gosh! That reminds me of my two boys. When they were 2 and 1, they were playing in the living room while I worked in the office right off from there. All of a sudden the youngest came crawling in with what looked to be blood all over his face. Needless to say I was upset! I had their dad get me a washcloth and as I wiped his face, I noticed it was pink... Pink?!? They had gotten into my box of chalks and the youngest had eaten the pink square!

Becky said...

Too funny!

I can't say that I have ever tried pink chalk...unless it was a TUMS.
:)
The Maid

Melanie said...

I did something very similar the other day. Although the mystery item was brown-- it ended up being a chocolate chip, but just imagine what it could have been!

Livin' With Me

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

I can't believe you tried it! You are a braver soul than me. I would have found my husband and made him try it. In other words, you're nicer than me, too.

Petula Wright said...

You are so funny! That sounds like something that would happen here... although I'm famous for the sniff test. I don't dare eat anything! I rub it, sniff it, interrogate the suspects...

Well, I hope he didn't have a tummy ache after that.

Pamela said...

OMG! This so funny. My 2 year old loves to play in her 14 year old sister's room. The other day the 14 year old called down and asked, "Mom, is deodorant poisonous?" Too Funny! The 2 year took a big bite out of antiperspirant.