Thursday, May 1, 2008

Virgin No More

Here I am, warts and all. I have been posting for my family for about 3 years because we live about a gazillion miles away from pretty much anyone who shares our DNA. So this way they will recognize us when we do return to the great state of Texas for our bi-anual trips and not slam the door in our face assuming we are solicitors. Ok, back on subject. While blogging I noticed that I was deleting a lot of my "material" based on my audience. And then it hit me. Anonomous blogging. It's kinda like when you are the sweetest, most polite customer standing in line at the grocery store, no matter how long it takes for someone to decide between People or Star magazine for fear of backlash, but then when you get in your car & have that magic windshield in front of you, you feel like you can do anything. I'm no road-rager, but I do like to stay in my safe car and call people every name in the book for taking too long at a stop light. It is that great feeling of release without any backlash. So here is where I will do my "undwinding" and hopefully make you laugh, cry, whatever. My goal: Give my husband a break from listening to my quirky thoughts about this that and the other, and to hopefully make some new friends in the process, you know, anonomously. I hope to find out that I am not the only crazy woman that runs through the grocery store because I left my wallet in "my other diaper bag," and realizing after I got home that I had 2 very different shoes on. Or realizing that while doing yoga stretches, my windpants have a hole in them and my red lace undies are playing peek a boo with the woman beside me. So if you have ever had similar experiences, or just want to make yourself feel better by reading about my crazy life. Stay tuned. The best is yet to come.

2 comments:

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

You are SO not alone. I am wearing two different shoes at this very moment. Really. OK, so they are very much alike because all my shoes are very much alike, but they are not the same brand. Ahh, my mind, it has gone to waste.

Welcome to the big wide world! (And THANKS for the blogroll add!)

cre8tivkj said...

Definately not alone! When the kids come out of you, the brain goes too! Well, mostly anyway! I suppose it could be the constant sleep deprivation, or something like that.