Thursday, May 1, 2008

Jiggly Tummy - Oh So Special

Ok ladies, let's just jump right in. So this is my deal. I have been working out in this torture chamber known as the "gym" to some. Ug, the thought of spandex & my rolls is enough to keep anyone at bay. My reason for this cruel punishment: My beautiful and intelligent five year old, caught me in the bathroom back in January. (You do see where this is going, you are just wondering how bad it gets, huh?) Well, cover your eyes... Her comment while I was pulling up my pants, "Mommy, why is your tummy so jiggly all the time?" My answer,"Well honey, you and your brother gave me this tummy." She did the usual, "Oh," and ran off to play. That got me to thinking that maybe I should do somthing about it so I have been hitting the "torture chamber" for about 4 months. And the other day, the same sweet, intelligent, lovely daughter decides to "poke" my belly. Thanks kid. And said how it isn't so jiggly anymore. Hooray! I thought. Then her next comment, "Mommy, if we gave you that tummy, why don't you keep it, it should be special to you." I give up!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

LMAO - That's freakin hysterical.....sorry. Kids man....you can't win.

Lisa said...

That is cute!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I was just cracking up over the waffles from the trash...

jennster said...

omg, too sweet. too cute. and well, she's damn right. although NONE of us want a fucking jiggly belly, ther'es only so much we can do! love the jiggle. lol

Mayberry said...

Hey -- way to go on the less-jiggly! I'm sure you have plenty of other reminders of the kids anyway...

Susan said...

Too Cute! Your damned if do your damned if you don't! good luck on gettin rid of the jiggle.

Wani said...

aw... thats so true! We should be free to embrace the changes that our bodies go through ... but alas we all still wish for (if not strive for) the perfect body (or at least not quite so imperfect).
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Cary said...

That's perfect- I can use that as my new excuse! Cause there aint no way I'm going to the gym. Hate it. Loathe it. Will not happen!