Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dear Birthday Fairy

Dear Birthday Fairy,
Did my birthday fall within your two-week-per-year vacation time? Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. Well, I totally take that back and will own up to my complaining. If you were really "working" you would have sprinkled some fairy dust on dear hubby and reminded him that my birthday fell on the same day that he planned a business dinner. And if your wand was not broken, you would have magically turned back time about the time my coffee spilled all over the van leaving the stench of old coffee and sugary cream and replaced it with maybe flowers or perfume. And if you weren't off hanging out with the Easter Bunny then maybe, just maybe you would have wispered in my 5 year old's ear that it's Mommy's Birthday and to hold off on having multiple meltdowns until tomorrow when Daddy will be home to help out. I do not appreciate your lack of work ethics on this important holiday in my life. I do believe I will be writing a letter to the Better Business Bureau. I hope that you can find the time next year, and if you must take time off from work, do it in June or July, I would be greatly appreciative.

Sincerely,
Heidi

P.S. And if you have any pull at all, could you please talk to the post office so that my birthday presents might arrive on my birthday next year. That would be great, thanks.

4 comments:

Sandy C. said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your Birthday. I hope the day gets better and something special arrives for just for you.

p.s. I can relate. For my 30th birthday, I got NOTHING.Nada. Zip. Zero. Just a regular 'ol day wiping pee and poop.

i am the diva said...

awww, Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Here's hoping someone remembers soon and kicks themselves royally in the buttocks for not remembering then does something super sweet.
Little Rock Star's Mama

My Goodness said...

OH man...that's no good!!

*** I'm pouting with you ***

So sorry...

Happy Birthday!

Melanie said...

I'm totally reporting that Birthday Fairy to the BBB too!! She takes vacations around Oct 20th every single year.
Our Happy Happenings
Livin' With Me