Thursday, May 15, 2008

Calling All Son's Mothers



5 years, 8 months, and 25 days ago God gave me the most precious little pink bundle. She loved to cuddle and snuggle all the time. We went to story time at the library where the little cherub sat patiently on my lap each and every time. We rocked, we sang, we read books, it was marvelous. I thought, man I have got this parenting thing down. AND THEN...

1 year, 4 months, 16 days ago, that same God gave me a precious blue bundle. Now this God must have a sense of humor because I have no idea what to do with this thing. Now don't get me wrong, I love this kid more than life itself, but there's a lot of praying going on in this house.
* God please don't let him fall off of that.* God please give me the patience to get him out of the pantry just one more time and not lose it completely. * God please let hubby come home right now, I know it's the middle of the day, but if you could arrange for him to just show up & take over, I would really love that.


Is is just me or are boys just extremely different? I grew up with two sisters, I am a girl, where am I suppose to learn how to raise a boy? Example A.) The other day I put him down in his crib for nap. He was a little fussy, nothing crazy, just fussy. I thought, "I better jump in the shower so I can be done just in case he decides not to go to sleep." So I take my shower and when I get out I don't hear him anymore. I think, "Great, the little booger fell asleep." I am putting on lotion, doing make-up, and basically really just enjoying that little time I have to myself. Well, I go to throw clothes over the banister, (you know I am too lazy to actually walk downstairs) And when I do, here comes Little Man running out of the living room laughing. I would not have been more shocked and scared if some stranger would have streaked right through my living room at that moment. Somehow that little @#&* got out of his crib, opened his door and got down the stairs to play for who knows how long. The crazy thing is, I have never seen him get out of his crib, or open a door, or go down stairs. Just how did he manage that without hurting himself? Is there a support group for mother's of boys? If not, I think I may start one.


So if you are a mother of one of these precious blue bundles, could you please impart some of your wisdom on me to help me make it through another day.

15 comments:

i am the diva said...

LOL, that's too cute!! my friend is going through the same thing right now... when she first had her son she kept saying: "It's like a hose!! I don't know what to do with it!!"

I'm sure you're doing a great job!!

1stopmom said...

He is just too adorable!! I have 3 girls and 1 boy and yes boys are different. Mine is 8 and I am still learning just how different sons are from daughters.

Slyde said...

our children almost are the exact same age.. my son turned 5 on nov 1st..

Kelley said...

Heck, those little blue bundles are a whole different ballgame!
At 5, we call ours a 'fully functional deathstar'....no fear, can do it all or thinks he can.

STop by my post and enter my mommyfest contest...lvoe to hear from others!

The Little Window Shoppe said...

You have a sweet blog - love it. I have a boy too. It's nice to learn a little about you. I am just stopping by from Mommyfest to say hi. Have a wonderful day.
~Emily

Melanie said...

This post made me laugh right out loud. But, I have a daughter, so I can't be much help to ya!

I love your blog- the name, your header, your posts- all of it. Great blog!!
Livin' With Me

Miss Hope said...

Thanks for stopping by The Edge!

Girl, let me tell you something. After having two girls who would stay where I put them to go to the bathroom, I had a boy. Lord have mercy. I now understand the old saying...

"If I had him first? He would be the only."

It has been the wildest ride raising The Boy. We can just hang on together and hope we make it through!

mom2kchmw said...

Well, I had a little girl just like your little boy and now I have a boy too!!! Well, actually I have 4 in all right now. They all keep me hopping. You'll get through!

I'm popping in from Mommy Fest. Come check out my blog at: www.homeschoolblogger.com/justourthoughts

Marin said...

If you start that support group, I'll join. I have two boys, 19 month and 8 months and I'M ABOUT TO LOSE MY FLIPPING MIND. If girls really are different, I need to have one of those next! I love the fully functional deathstar comment; I might have to start using that.

Jenny is Live & In Color said...

People often ask me if we're going to 'try for a boy.' Uh, NO!

Sorry, I can't help you. But, from what I hear, when they're teens, he'll be the easier one.

Stacey Moore said...

i have an 8 year old son and a 4 year old daughter but it is completely opposite at our house. my son is the easy going one and my daughter is the H-O-T mess!!
She is like having 25 of him!! and i thought it was a girl thing all along . . . . .

Mia said...

It's a chomosomal thing. My Boy Child is 4 and Diva is 8. Night and day. You are not alone.

PS: just stopped by from the Mommy Fest. Great blog!

Channah said...

I'll join that support group! I have a 4 month old baby boy who thinks he's a T-Rex.

Michelle said...

I had to laugh at your post! Wish I had some advice for you, but you're ahead of me on this road! LOL I felt the same way when I was pg (didn't know what I was having) but I kept thinking if I have a boy what am I going to do?! :)

Kameron said...

Oh my. I just saw that you decided to follow my blog so i came over to check you out. I think you are my new BFF. Now before you get scared and call the blogging police, I think you are hillarious and our sons are twin hellions! My boy is 16 1/2 months and is absolutely nuts! Everyone keeps telling me that it's because he's a boy, but I see some of my friends with more "normal", calm boys so i don't know if I buy that.Thanks for coming over to my blog!