Friday, May 2, 2008

Bomb Dropper

You know, you carry them for 9 LONG months, you feed, change, love, make silly faces, become a permanent taxi every day for 16 LONG months. You would think that there would be a level of respect, of loyalty, a sense of responsibility to at least give you a minute of their time when you are trying to further their developement. Where is my thank you?
I decided that I am going to "lay down the law," to Daredevil (aka my second child who knows no fear). He is going to learn to speak! After all, I have a degree in Early Childhood, I have spent my entire career working on the development of small children, and yet when it comes to my own child, anything goes. I am also exstremely tired of picking up food off of the floor as a way of telling me that he is done eating. He's reminds me of a jet just dropping bombs on some country down below. So I started to try to "teach" him how to say "UP" when he's done. Simple enough, right? Please. While I am sitting there like some broken record saying, "Uuuuuupppp,Uuuuuppp,Uuuuuppppp, Look at Mommy's lips Uuuuuppp" He's flopping around, hiking his legs to try to manuever himself out of his cage of a highchair, dropping bombs of apples and cherrios. I finally realized I lost the war when I hear it, Choo-Choo Soul come on the TV. You know the Disney Channel version of MTV Videos. "All aboard the choo-choo train, All aboard, Choo-Choo" (If you don't know it, call me, I'll sing it to you) He was gone for good. So I guess I always have lunch time to look forward to putting my education to work & seeing if I can get the little snothead to muster up those two letters and make his mommy oh so proud.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting aobut the Kindergarten post - so much to think about! :) I got some great advice for sending her, and for holding back another year, decisions decisions! We haven't had her transitional IEP yet, I have some questions for them before the final decision, but I think we're going to give a K a shot.

I got a chuckle out of your jiggly post below! LOL

Anne Marie said...

Haven't talked to you in a long time. I visit your blog to see how you are. I miss you. I would love to talk to you. I can't believe the kids. M has gotten so big and your little man is adorable. Email me balance71@neb.rr.com or call.
Anne Marie